Our school was built in 1906. It is an impressive red brick Edwardian building overlooking Gladstone Road with magnificent views over Barry Docks and the Bristol Channel.
There are approximately 480 children on roll. The school consists of two main buildings, originally the Junior and Infant schools. The Nursery and Infant children are housed in the smaller building, while the classes of the Junior children are situated on the first floor of the main building.
Extensive playgrounds surround the school with clear playground markings to stimulate play. The field adjoining the school has been levelled and is being developed as a sports pitch.
We also have a well established conservation area with bat boxes and bird feeders. A new pond has just been erected in this area. We have a well maintained friendship garden where children can sit, read and draw in peaceful surroundings.
We have a fantastic facility for our younger children consisting of covered play areas, a climbing frame and a sensory garden.